- Course Code: UKFEC17BDL
- Location: Online
- Duration: 15 hours
- Cost: £100.00
- Qualification: Body Language Diploma
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Body Language Diploma
This course on ‘Body Language’ is designed to help you understand the different aspects of body language so that you are able to use the information to your personal and professional advantage. In addition, you can also consider using the knowledge to train others in the understanding of body language.
Actions truly speak louder than words and it is possible to convey volumes of meaning without uttering a single syllable in the process. Body language is an intricate subject and detailed insights described in the course reveal the secrets of successful communication. Learning the nuances of body language can not only help you connect better with your co-workers, but can also help reduce conflict and improve your skills in negotiation as well as customer interactions.
In addition, becoming more aware of the subtle cues associated with gestures, expressions and position can also help us improve self-awareness. We become more aware of how our communications are perceived by others. As a result, we are more likely to enjoy more fulfilling and loving personal relationships with family members, friends and other loved ones.
Paying attention to body language and gestures can help us discern between truthful and untruthful communications. If you work or volunteer in a field that involves interaction with disabled or autistic individuals, interpretation of body language can help you forge closer and more understanding relationships with your students or patients.
What you will learn
The course offers information, insights and explanations regarding the following:
- The fundamentals of body language and its importance in our everyday lives in terms of business and personal relationships.
- The impact of cultural differences on the understanding and interpretation of body language.
- Understanding one’s own body language and the unspoken communication that we tend to convey through our gestures, postures and expressions.
- You will also be able to identify signs that indicate lying or concealing behaviours. This will help you further improve your ability to interact on a professional as well as personal level.
- As you learn to identify negative body language, you will gradually eliminate these gestures or posture. You will be able to adopt a more mindful attitude towards body language.
- Body language plays a crucial role when it comes to attending job interviews, negotiating a business deal or interacting with customers. The course will explain how to improve the likelihood of business or job success by using the correct body language.
- In addition to work situations, body language also plays an integral role in personal relationships and development. The course will describe different interpretations of body language and the impact on interpersonal communication.
Body language is often a decisive factor that determines the overall effect of communication in professional as well as personal situations. Research indicates that most of our communication is influenced by subtle body language signals compared to actual spoken words.
Benefits of the Body Language course
By completing the course on body language, you can expect the following benefits:
- Decrease the likelihood of conflicts that arise from misunderstanding others or being misunderstood.
- Look forward to becoming a more established and effective communicator.
- Improve your chances of business or job success.
- The ability to study from home, or anywhere with a convenient internet connection.
- Study at a pace that is comfortable for you. Since there is no time limit for this course, you will complete your studies, regardless of how long it takes you.
- The ability to easily manage modules and understand course structure.
- Convenient online support available while you train.
- A certified and recognised certificate upon successful course completion.
- Understanding that interaction is a complex mix of different forms of communication
- Introduction to body language basics
- Evolution of body language and non-verbal communication
- Importance of correct interpretation of body language
- Parallels between verbal and non-verbal communication
- The different dimensions of body language
- Different types of personal space (proxemics)
- Paralinguistic attributes
- Understanding the different components of communication
- Features of body language and how the body reflects emotion
- How to read body language correctly
- Interpretation using congruence, relevance and context
- Interpreting how our feet speak their own language
- Ankle locks, figure four crosses and scissor stance
- Everyday gestures and their significance
- Common hand, foot and finger gestures
- Importance of hands in body language
- Different hand and palm gestures
- Thumbs and body language
- The law of cause and effect and how to use it
- How handshakes can convey control, dominance and submission
- How to use palm positions effectively in a handshake
- Different types of handshakes and how to interpret them
- How to pay attention to your handshake and improve the impact
- Interpretation of eye signals
- The role of pupils and direction of gaze
- Different types of gazing behaviour
- Different types of eye contact and interpretation of emotion
- Different types of lies
- Gestures and postures that indicate deceit
- Changing positions of the head, feet and hands
- Changes in breathing patterns
- Tips and techniques to improve career success
- How to use body language for better communication
- The art and science of smiling
- Body language tips during job interviews
Module 10: Cross-Cultural Interpretations of Body Language, Common Gestures and Postures in Daily Life
- Complexity of interpretation of body language in other cultures
- Eye contact, proxemics and physical contact in different cultures
- The significance of nodding your head
- Negative and positive body language between spouses or partners
a fun way of getting to learn a bit more
I love it. I was always interested in Body Language, and I have been observing people all the time. This was a fun way of getting to learn a bit more. It also gives me the strength and the confidence how to act towards other people but also how to read them as well.
I think it is a useful course, as for personal use but also as to help you present yourself in the best possible way. I work as a teacher so for me, this is a great approach towards my students as well as with their parents. I strongly recommend it 🙂
Natasha Yovanovska – Watford
Great course, well worth the money
I thought the New Skills website was very easy to use and there was very good guidance as to how to follow the modules. It was set out clearly and there was a facility to enable me to print my modules and assessments as well as downloading them onto my laptop.
I found the course very interesting and I gained some valuable knowledge. It’s amazing how much focus is on people’s body language. It gives you an insight into how people feel and how different situations can be interpreted by observing their behaviour and movements.
I will be assessing everyone in more detail in the future. Great course, well worth the money. Thanks. Jackie
Jacqueline Allsopp – Burton on Trent
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Body Language Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 10 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 10 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Body Language Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
Learn with confidence
Learning Professionals work in association with industry experts including: