- Course Code: UKFEM14BCA
- Location: Online
- Duration: 10 hours
- Cost: £100.00
- Qualification: BCCA (British Cleaning Certificate Award)
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers / devices
British Cleaning Certification Award (BCCA)
Whether you want to start your own successful cleaning business or you want to improve your career prospects within the company you currently work for, you will find that the British Cleaning Certificate Award can be a useful step in the right direction.
Introduction to the British Cleaning Certification Award (BCCA)
This industry recognised certification includes twenty two information packed modules that you can learn at your own pace in your own space. This online training takes approximately ten hours to complete with online support that you can rely on and trust.
The course covers the essential things you need to know to boost your career within the British cleaning industry. It provides you with the ability to improve your earning potential.
On completion of the course you will be required to pass a multiple choice test, which covers all the modules you have just completed. On passing, with a pass rate of seventy percent, you will have the ability to download and print your certificate and start using it to improve your cleaning career without delay.
What You Will Learn
The twenty two modules are overflowing with valuable information that you can use in your cleaning career, this includes:
- Understand the cleaning industry from career prospects to starting your own cleaning business.
- Know the different types of cleaning jobs from domestic cleaning to commercial and industrial cleaning. Identify whether it is worthwhile to work for someone or own your own cleaning business.
- Get to grips with essential cleaning equipment. Know what equipment you will need and how to use it. Also learn how to effectively store cleaning equipment.
- Learn about chemical safety, including the chemicals you will use on a daily basis. Know the difference between acidic, alkaline and neutral chemicals and what they are used for.
- Understand the job in detail. This includes working hours, average earnings and working conditions.
- Learn essential cleaning techniques and expected standards. This includes dusting surfaces, cleaning glass and mirrors, how to clean speciality surfaces and what standards you need to maintain.
- Know about cleaning products and protective clothing, helping you identify what you should wear to protect your clothes, speciality cleaning products and clothing branding to boost brand visibility.
- Understand the importance of effective kitchen cleaning. Learn about food safety, how to effectively clean a cooker and a refrigerator and so much more.
- Identify how to complete commercial kitchen cleaning to the highest standard.
- Know the best routine to clean a bathroom and toilet area. Learn about the best routines and why you should have colour coded cloths.
- Understand hospital cleaning from areas you may need to clean to health and safety requirements.
- Learn how office cleaning differs from residential cleaning and identify various techniques to effectively clean staff toilets.
- Know what equipment you will need for industrial cleaning, along with the difference between wet and dry industrial vacuum cleaners and how to keep safe when cleaning these environments.
- Identify with green cleaning solutions from homemade cleaning products to steam cleaning and more.
- Know the reporting procedures. Reporting procedures include regulation reporting, injury and disease reporting and get to know what an accident book is.
- Know what it takes to clean outdoor areas. You will learn about planning, preparation, safety and legal requirements.
- Learn how to deal with non-categorised waste. You will get to know the different types of waste and how to manage the transfer flow of waste to ensure cleanliness at all times.
- Get to know more about working in confined spaces and why and how to conduct a thorough risk assessment before you begin to ensure your safety.
- Learn more about running an ironing service and what this entails.
- Receive valuable information on starting your own cleaning business from what you will need, the benefits and disadvantages and more to help you decide if this is the best choice for you and how to proceed.
- Learn more about marketing your business, what insurances you will need, tax and more.
Benefits of the British Cleaning Certification Award (BCCA)
- Improve your career prospects.
- Improve your earning potential with the knowledge and skills obtained in this course.
- Show the BCCA logo on your marketing and promotional materials to provide your clients with peace of mind when using your services.
- Industry recognised certification on completion.
- Download and print your certificate as and when you need it.
- To learn why the cleaning sector is a stable business opportunity
- To learn about the skills you need to become a professional cleaner
- To learn about the skills you can develop when you become a professional cleaner
- To learn about the kind of lifestyle you can lead as a professional cleaner
- To understand the realm of domestic cleaning
- To know the difference between commercial and domestic cleaning
- To discover how to become a carpet cleaner
- To understand the tasks and skills necessary for ironing work
- To know the equipment you will need for both domestic and commercial cleaning work
- To know the equipment you will need to clean windows
- To know the equipment necessary for carpet cleaning
- To know the equipment necessary for a successful ironing business
- To learn about the different types of chemicals you encounter in cleaning
- To learn the difference between acidic, alkaline and neutral chemicals
- To understand safety processes when working with chemicals
- To learn about safe chemical storage
- To learn about the typical working hours and conditions for cleaners
- To understand how much holiday time you can expect to receive
- To study an example of a typical day as a cleaner
- To understand what a typical cleaner can earn
- To know how to properly present yourself to your clients
- To understand how to act professionally in a home
- To understand how to act professionally in a commercial setting
- To understand how to communicate with your clients verbally
- To understand proper keyholding practices for you and potential staff
- To know how to appropriately use security information such as alarm codes
- To understand the consequences to your business if the security of your client is breached
- To know how to follow protocol in the case that an employee breaches your rules
- How to clean surfaces
- The best way to dust
- How to effectively clean glass and mirrors
- The best techniques to clean hardwood flooring
- Know which clothing you should wear to keep safe
- Understand what basic cleaning products you will need as a cleaner
- Know what specialist equipment you may need for tougher jobs
- Why you may want to consider branding your clothing
- Clean a microwave
- Know Techniques for cleaning an oven
- Understand the best way to clean a cooker top (gas & electric)
- Know how to clean a refrigerator
- To know how commercial kitchen cleaning differs from domestic
- To know how to best clean the sinks in commercial kitchens
- To understand the techniques to clean commercial ovens and steamers, as well as other kitchen equipment such as food trolleys
- To understand the procedures for cleaning the kitchen sides and preparation areas
- To learn about what you need to professionally clean a toilet
- To understand the cleaning routine for a bathroom and toilet
- To understand why you should use colour coded cloths
- To learn how to unclog drains
- To know which areas of the hospital you will be expected to clean
- To identify the techniques required to clean hospital wards, corridors and toilets
- To understand the health and safety requirements for hospital cleaners
- To know how to find hospital cleaner jobs
- To learn how cleaning offices differs from domestic cleaning
- To learn how to deal with office rubbish
- To learn how to clean office desks, lifts and vending areas
- To learn different techniques for cleaning staff toilets
- To know what industrial cleaning equipment is available to you as a cleaning professional for the general workplace, or in a commercial kitchen
- To understand the difference between wet and dry industrial vacuum cleaners
- To know what pieces of equipment do not require electricity
- To know how to appropriately use industrial cleaning equipment
- About home-made green cleaning products
- How to use green cleaning for antibacterial cleaning
- The most effective uses of steam cleaning
- About steam cleaning equipment and attachments
- To learn about pressure washing
- To learn about different kinds of pressure washers
- To learn about machine sweeping and floor scrubbers
- To learn about the legal aspects of using heavy equipment
- To understand why reporting procedures are important to a cleaning professional
- To know what regulations you have to be aware of
- To understand and know about Reporting of Injuries, Diseases, and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations. (RIDDOR)
- To be able to identify what an accident book is
- To know how to optimise your planning for working outside
- To understand how to prepare a work schedule and information sheet
- To understand how to properly manage health and safety standards
- Know the extra safety precautions that must be taken when using pressure washers for commercial purposes
- To learn about the different categories of waste
- To learn about the different types of waste containers
- To learn about the importance of maintaining cleanliness in waste container holding areas
- To learn about controlling the transfer flow of waste
- To be able to articulate what an ironing service entails
- To know whether you would be best suited working for yourself or someone else
- To understand how to iron shirts, trousers and skirts properly
- To know how to get wrinkles out of fabrics
- To understand the pros and cons of running a cleaning business
- To learn important things that self-employed people should consider
- To understand whether you should take a hands off approach to running your business
- To learn the reasons for and against investing in vehicles and premises
- To understand the best methods to advertise your business
- To know how word of mouth affects your reputation
- To know the best way to get recommendations through promotions
- To be able to explain why you should build a website for your business
- To learn the pros and cons of hiring staff
- To understand your role in hiring staff
- To learn the differences between employees and contractors
- To learn how to use your employees to grow your business in a positive way
- To identify and practice the appropriate communication skills necessary for a professional appearance
- To know and understand what bad communication habits are, how you can identify them, and what you need to do instead
- To know the appropriate protocol to handle complaints from clients and staff, and how to act and behave accordingly
- To be able to identify when it is appropriate to let a client go due to their inappropriate behaviour
- To understand what insurance you need as a cleaner and where you can find it
- To learn the cost of business insurance for cleaners.
- To understand how income tax will affect you and your business
- To learn what business equipment you will need
What our students have to say…
Give it a go!
The course was great it gave me the confidence I needed to get out there and start my own business. The British Cleaning certificate , is evidence of the knowledge I have gained by completing the modules.
I have been working now for over a month and I am pleased to say I am doing great. I can recommend the course to any one starting out in the cleaning business . I have taken on board the recommendations and advise given to me by the modules.
It is great value for money. Go on give it a go.
Joan Wood – Bolton
Really friendly, easy to use programme
We used this system to train people who use our day centre. They sat the exam and those that passed received their certificates which they loved. We then published this on peoples CV’s to help them find work.
It’s a really friendly, easy to use programme which I would recommend.
James Marsh – Booth Centre, Manchester
Interesting & Helpful
When starting my own cleaning business I felt I could benefit from a course that would not only help me, but provide certification to show I was competent.
I didn’t have time to attend workshops so an easy access online was the only way to go, and when I seen this course online and I went for it. I found the components not only interesting but helpful and fully benefited from the tests in aid to remembering.
I would fully recommend the course to anyone seriously intending to run a cleaning business.
Gillian Parsons – Gwent
I’m just writing to say that I have just completed the course and receive my certificate . The whole process was excellent from start to finish!
Franklyn Antwi – Wolverhampton
Easy to follow
The course was very good and easy to learn all about cleaning. The site was very helpful and easy to follow I am very happy I passed the course and now I have a cleaning certificate to my CV.
Panagiotis Rodopoulos – Glasgow
Great course that covered basic cleaning tasks, materials, equipment and business essentials. It was a great course to refresh my knowledge about the cleaning and the industry.
Sarah Aoki – Livingston
A must for all who are embarking on a cleaning career
Great course and full of really useful information. A must for all who are embarking on a cleaning career! Simple and easy to use assess via phone, tablet or PC.
Lisa Sass – London
I really have enjoyed this course
I really have enjoyed this course, it teaches you all you need to know in a clear way. Its easy to follow and ave me the confidence to pursue this as a career.
Emma Ward – London
Recommended to those who want to pursue a career in cleaning
This is a course recommended to those who want to pursue a career in cleaning.
It is very helpful for people who have never been in the cleaning industry. It gives insight on what to expect, what things to gain, and what things to look out for. It also discuses the different “branches” if you ever want to specialise in a specific cleaning business.
At first, I thought just using the hoover and cleaning toilets, but it is in fact a very practical course that covers many different topics. It is ideal for people looking to venture in to a home based business, as it covers everything from conception to running the business.
Richard Imperio – London
I have really enjoyed doing this course
I have really enjoyed doing this course because I could do it in my own time and there is loads of information and downloads to help.
Sharon Hart – Birmingham
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the British Cleaning Certificate Award course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 26 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 26 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 26 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the British Cleaning Certificate Award course?We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
Learn with confidence
Learning Professionals work in association with industry experts including: