- Course Code: UKFPC16CHH
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £100.00
- Qualification: Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Certificate
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers, windows 7+, flash player 10+
Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Training Course
Understanding the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations are vital for both employers and employees for safety as well as legal reasons.
This Course provides a comprehensive insight into COSHH, what employers and employees need to know, and what they need to do to tick the legal boxes.
From defining hazardous substances to performing risk assessments, and understanding the precautions and contingency planning involved, this course covers every aspect employees and employers need to be aware of.
You Will Learn
- How to perform a risk assessment
- The consequences of failing to adhere to COSHH Regulations
- The benefits of adherence to employers and employees
- All about the precautions to take to minimize health risks
- About how to deal with monitoring and handling exposure
Benefits Of Taking This Course
- You will be able to identify categories of hazardous substances and apply this knowledge in your particular field
- You will be able to contribute valuable information to your company’s risk assessment strategy
- You will understand the legalities surrounding adherence to COSHH Regulations and make suggestions as an employer or employee
- You will understand the precautions that need to be taken and apply them in your company environment
- You will learn potentially life-saving emergency planning strategies
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
Learn with confidence
Learning Professionals work in association with industry experts including: