- Course Code: UKFEM15CCA
- Location: Online
- Duration: 20 hours
- Cost: £100.00
- Qualification: Cupcake Academy Diploma
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers / devices
Cupcake Academy Diploma (Accredited)
This information packed course is focused on hobby bakers who want the skills to bake and decorate cupcakes. It also appeals to those who already have the baking skills but want to open their own cupcake company, providing their customers with delicious cupcakes with a choice of decorating techniques.
Introduction to the Cupcake Academy Diploma
This accredited course will provide you with new skills to help you boost your sales and create beautiful cupcakes. It is suitable for beginners, hobby bakers and seasoned bakers who want to fast track their careers.
The course provides you with a certification which proves you have the knowledge and skills when it comes to cupcake decorating, a certification recognised by industry leaders.
The Cupcake Academy Diploma will give you the insight and knowledge you need to open your own successful business, offering you a host of key techniques that you can trust.
The course comprises of twenty information packed modules which take approximately fifteen hours to complete. You can study online at your own pace using any device. On completion and successful passing of the multiple choice test, you can download and print your certificate without delay.
What you Will Learn
This accredited course comprises of twenty modules, each one designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills, guidance and techniques you need to run and manage a successful cupcake business on a daily basis.
- Learn how to create winning cupcake recipes and how to bake and decorate cupcakes.
- Understand the importance of a portfolio and how to go about meeting with clients to identify what they are looking for.
- Identify what equipment you will need from buying quality supplies and decorating equipment to kitchen equipment. Know the difference between quality products and saving money.
- Get an understanding on how to cost batches of batter and icing, how to charge for your time and how to put an effective pricing structure in place.
- Baking cupcakes and muffins - from finding a good recipe to making it your own and everything in between.
- Learn how to find the best cake recipes for birthday cakes, along with filling and icing options. You will also get insight into healthier options, which are a growing trend on a global scale right now.
- If you are thinking of offering wedding cakes, then this module will teach you what you need to determine from that first consultation, how to price the cake and promote your wedding services moving forward.
- Learn how to choose a Christmas cake recipe along with healthier alternatives, fillings, icings and more.
- Get a good understanding of the different rack heights, pre-heating and baking temperatures and why it's so important you know your oven to achieve the best results.
- Learn about fondants, ganache and different icing options, include delicious butter cream.
- The course will also teach you the basics of icing from making your own piping bag to making rosettes and other designs to enhance your finished cake design.
- Learn how to make your own cupcake and cake stands at home. You will also learn the art of transporting cakes safely and effectively.
- Get insider information into running your own cupcake business from the overheads you can expect to pay to choosing a name, the software you will need and more.
- This accredited course will teach you about the importance of the different marketing options you have available, along with how to handle complaints and what to do when things don't go according to plan.
- Learn about the importance of health and safety in the workplace. What HACCP is and why you need one for each cake. You will also learn about the hygiene requirements associated with owning and running a cupcake business.
- Understand about Tax, accounting, insurance, record keeping, hiring and paying staff and more.
Benefits of the Cupcake Academy Diploma
This course is brimming with benefits for anyone who is interested in working in the cupcake baking industry or starting their own business.
- You will get to understand recipes and the fundamentals of baking.
- You will gain confidence to create your own winning recipes and designs.
- You will gain the skills and insight needed to start your own business.
- You will learn different decorating skills that you can use for all types of events.
- On completion of the course and passing the test, you will receive an industry recognised certification.
- About Creating Winning Recipes
- About Baking and Decorating
- About Running and Marketing Your Business
- How to Decide on a Niche
- Why you should arrange a meeting with potential clients
- What you should include in your portfolio
- How to delve into the details to make sure nothing is missed
- When you should plan to talk again with the client to finalise details
- Deciding on the Right Supplies
- Baking and Cake Decorating Supplies
- Kitchen Equipment
- Quality versus Savings
- How to work out the cost of materials per batch
- About surcharges for special ingredients
- How to work out what your time is worth
- What basic ingredients you will need
- Finding a recipe and making it your own
- Vegan cupcake recipes
- Muffin recipes
- How to cater for large orders of cupcakes and muffins
- How to find the perfect birthday cake recipe
- About fillings for birthday cakes
- Healthier cake recipes you can try
- Icing ideas you can try
- About finding the perfect recipe for wedding cakes
- What fillings are popular
- What you need to find out from your client at the initial consultation
- How to price and promote your wedding cake service
- About finding the perfect Christmas cake recipe
- Icing/decorating ideas
- Healthy recipe options
- Christmas cake fillings
- How to keep your cakes moist
- Why it is vital to understand every aspect of your oven
- About rack positions
- The importance of pre-heating and cooking times
- About fondants
- How to use icing colourings
- About using buttercream icing
- What ganache is and how to use it on your cakes
- Piping & how to make a piping bag
- Rosettes & other designs
- How you can embellish your cakes
- The best methods for perfectly stacking your cakes
- What the main uses for cake display stands are
- How to create simple cupcake stands at home
- About wedding cake stands
- The factors you should consider when purchasing wedding cake stands
- How to decide if you or the client is to transport the cake
- If you have the proper sized vehicle
- How to determine the correct sized box for you cake
- Whether you need help carrying the cake
- Which digital camera is best
- The lenses you should use
- The lighting required for a perfect picture
- What type of backdrops work best when photographing your cakes
- What your overheads will likely be
- How to choose a name for your business
- The software you need to run a cake business
- About employees and benefits
- How to market your business offline
- How to market your business online
- The power a website can have
- About brand insights and development
- The do’s and don’ts when baking a cake.
- What to do when things don’t go to plan
- How to handle complaints
- How to provide great customer service
- About Health and Safety Guidelines
- Legal food inspections and how they effect you
- What your hygiene requirements are
- What is the HACCP
- Why accounting is so important
- About VAT & other taxes you have to pay
- About recording keeping and its importance to your business
- How to keep organised with business licenses
- How to find the best staff for your business
- The best way to interview prospective employees
- How to train your staff
- About employee inspection and creating a hand book
What our students have to say…
I would recommend this course to anyone whom is interested in baking and are thinking of starting their own business
This course has helped me to develop my knowledge and prepare myself for my home baking business. It is clear and in a simple format to understand. I like how there are mini tests after each module to help your understanding, then the final exam to go through everything you have learnt. Also the work sheets are very helpful and handy to keep for future use.
I would recommend this course to anyone whom is interested in baking and are thinking of starting their own business. I thoroughly enjoyed doing the course and was able to complete it in my own time, which helped a lot with personal life commitments
Kayleigh McGuinness – Leicester
I am so glad I came across this course.
I have not long started this course but I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about opening their own baking business.
It has taught me new and interesting things so far and I am excited to complete the remaining modules. This course is helping me to understand what it is like to start a business and how much is actually needed to make it work. I have really enjoyed learning new techniques and ingredients for baking cakes, muffins etc and also what ingredients you can use to cater a variety of people.
I am so glad I came across this course.
Cindel Simmill – Stoke on Trent
I am very pleased that I enrolled. I would definitely recommend!
I’m currently studying the cupcake making & baking course and it is amazing so far. I’m really enjoying it and it has so much helpful information.
It covers everything you need to know and is actually enjoyable reading… I am very pleased I enrolled I would definitely recommend…I’m a mum of 3 aged 5, 2, and 1 and time is challenging most days but this course provides enough time so I can juggle both.
I am excited to start my next module. the course is also worth the non-discounted price. I will be doing more courses after this one.
Nikki Hudson – Essex
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Cupcake Academy Diploma (Accredited) course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 20 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 20 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 20 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Cupcake Academy Diploma (Accredited) course?We estimate that the course will take about 20 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
Learn with confidence
Learning Professionals work in association with industry experts including: