- Course Code: UKVC18ICW
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £100.00
- Qualification: Is the Customer Always Right Certificate
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Is the Customer Always Right?
While customers are undoubtedly the most important asset of any business, the question remains if consumers are indeed always right. Coined by Harrod Gordon in 1909, ‘the customer is always right’ is an old and widely accepted adage in the world of business. However, as crucial as customer satisfaction is and as important as customers are to business success, there are times and situations where consumers are not always right. In fact, blindly following the assumption that consumers are always right can lead to adverse implications.
The video course on ‘Is the Consumer Always Right?’ discusses and debates both sides of the coin and helps you decide on the best ways to resolve situations at work.
The course topics cover:
- Why customers are invaluable to the growth and development of your business and how to treat your customers well
- The benefits of treating your customers with attention and respect and how it helps
- Learning to identify situations where the consumer may not always be right and how to differentiate between the legitimacy of the complaint and poor customer service
- How to weigh the pros and cons of the situation and include important considerations
- How blindly favouring the consumer can lower the morale of your employees
- Useful strategies and tips that you can use when you find that a consumer is not right
- How to determine if you can resolve the situation or if you should let the consumer go
Benefits of studying the course include:
- You will be able to evaluate a situation by gathering details
- You become aware of the importance of customers and why you should offer reliable customer service
- You are better placed to back up employees when a consumer is abusive or abrasive
- You learn how to differentiate between solid customers who are worth retaining and others that you can let go
- You learn how to manage difficult consumers and regulate your body language in stressful situations
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Is Customer Always Right Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Is Customer Always Right Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
Learn with confidence
Learning Professionals work in association with industry experts including: