- Course Code: UKFEC17CDR
- Location: Online
- Duration: 15 hours
- Cost: £100.00
- Qualification: Digital Marketing Diploma
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Digital Marketing Diploma
Have you ever wondered what is behind all of those online advertisements that seem to be popping up on our screens? Or perhaps, you have questioned whether there is a viable career behind such efforts. Digital Marketing is one of the fastest growing industries today.
This course has been designed to show you the various processes of an ever-expanding industry, by covering the most relevant topics within the realm of online advertising. Set through a series of 10 modules, this course aims to teach you the basics of digital marketing, while explaining key concepts, from the various platforms and methods of online marketing, to its rules and regulations.
Introduction to the Digital Marketing Course
Using an online platform, this course on digital marketing can be completed anywhere you are, further proving the power of the digital age. The course modules will take you through a range of concepts, which will help you to understand how the industry works, while also enabling you to put these theories into action.
Each module has been designed to build off the previous one, making it easy to follow and develop your understanding of the material. By the end of the course, you will have a working knowledge of concepts such as search engine optimization (SEO), web analytics, and a number of other online marketing strategies. It will also introduce digital marketing on the whole, which aims to give you a full overview of the industry, before delving into each module. Aside from just the theoretical aspects of digital marketing, each module includes activities which test your understanding of the course material, while also allowing you to think critically about each concept.
What you will learn
Over the duration of this course a number of topics will be looked at, which will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of digital marketing. This course will cover the following topics, which will include a breakdown of the basic concepts, as well as how each functions within the overarching theme of digital marketing:
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Marketing (SEM)
- Pay-per-click advertising
- Digital display advertising
- Website development
- Email and mobile marketing
- Social media marketing
- Online public relations
- Web analytics
- How to plan a digital marketing campaign
Benefits of the course
There are a number of benefits, which include:
- A comprehensive, easy-to-understand look at the topics concerning digital marketing
- Material focused on the UK, while also touching on global aspects
- End of module activities and a final test which are designed to expand your overall understanding and put what you’ve learned into action
- Can be completed anywhere with an internet connection.
- Gaining relevant knowledge about an ever-growing industry, which will provide you with practical skills for the workforce.
- The definition of digital marketing
- The benefits of using digital marketing
- The latest trends in digital marketing
- An overview of the types of digital marketing used today
- What a search engine is and how they work
- A general understanding of search engine optimisation
- The benefits and weaknesses of using search engine optimisation
- About search engine marketing and how it can be used
- Website basics, the differences between websites, pages and servers
- The different types of websites
- How websites can be used as a means of digital marketing
- About how to create a website, including content, structure and design
- An overview of digital display advertising
- The formats used in digital display advertising
- The pros and cons of its use
- How to implement successful campaigns
- The basics behind email and mobile marketing, including the types of each, as well as how they work
- About the legal considerations, with a focus on those applying to the UK
- The pros and cons of both marketing practices
- Some of the best strategies used to employ these types of initiatives
- The differences between social media, networking, and marketing
- How social media marketing works
- The differences between the two social media strategies: passive and active
- About the various platforms of social media and the demographics that engage with each
- The differences between traditional and online public relations
- The four elements of online public relations
- About the various tools used for employing these strategies
- The four phases of online public relations
- The definition of web analytics and how it differs from website stats
- The two categories of web analytics: off-site and on-site
- The types and processes of web analytics
- How web analytics can be used within an online marketing strategy
- The difference between a digital marketing strategy and a digital marketing campaign
- How to develop the marketing objectives
- The importance of looking at past data
- About identifying a target market: quantitative and qualitative approaches
- About the two regulating bodies in the UK
- The three current regulations concerning digital marketing in the UK
- How data protection is handled in a number of countries around the world
- The various regulations that handle unsolicited communications in countries such as Australia, Canada, the European Union, and the United States
Well constructed and offered up a wealth of information
I loved every aspect of this online digital marketing course. The modules were well constructed and offered up a wealth of information on the subject.
I found myself learning many new things, such as the best practices for implementing an online marketing campaign, whether through social media, email marketing, or otherwise.
Passing this course has gone a long way to helping me with my online business routine.
I sought to improve my efforts at marketing my work and now, thanks to New Skills Academy, I’ve been able to. Thank you so much to New Skills Academy for this amazing course.
Daccari Mitchell – Peterborough
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Digital Marketing Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 10 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 10 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Digital Marketing Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
Learn with confidence
Learning Professionals work in association with industry experts including: