- Course Code: UKFEC16EST
- Location: Online
- Duration: 10 hours
- Cost: £100.00
- Qualification: Estate Agency Diploma
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers / devices
Estate Agency Diploma
Being an estate agent, having the ability to show clients available properties, help investors purchase investment properties and even assist clients find that perfect home to rent can be a very rewarding career. You help buyers, sellers, tenants and landlords. You get to know your area, you sell your listings and you earn a decent commission in the process. In order to succeed as an estate agent you need the necessary training and certification.
Note: The material in this course is most relevant to business and transactions within England and Wales.
Introduction to Estate Agency Diploma
The Estate Agency Diploma is an information packed course which gives you the ability to study online. You can work your full time job and study in your spare time, enjoying an industry recognised certification on completion.
This course is broken down into manageable modules, each one brimming with useful information you will be able to use to fast track your career and succeed as an estate agent moving forward.
You can study from any device linked to the internet, enjoying online support throughout your studies and lifetime access to your course modules. At the end of the course you will be required to take the multiple choice test and, once passed, you can download and print your certificate to display.
What you will learn
This course is full of useful information to provide you with the knowledge you need to be a successful estate agent. The course will cover the following:
- Learn what it takes to be an estate agent. What your role will be and the history of estate agents. You will also learn some valuable insight into the estate agency industry as a whole.
- Understand the different estate agents from domestic to rental to property negotiators to commercial agents and more.
- Know what is involved in selling a property, benefits of using an estate agent and the disadvantages of selling privately.
- Identify how to get to know your customers from canvassing to networking and more.
- Learn what an average day is like as an estate agent and what is expected of you.
- Gain an understanding of marketing, boards, agreements and more.
- Learn about evaluations, why they are important, how you can use them to bargain and help to set a realistic listing price.
- Know how to complete a successful viewing from setting it up to meeting with the client, walking them through the property, preparing the property and working to a plan.
- Identify the best negotiation tools to help you secure a deal. Learn the concepts of negotiation and how to use silence to your advantage.
- Know why clients should buy with an estate agent, your role in the process, who pays for what and so much more.
- Learn about sale progression from drawing up the documents to understanding what surveyors, conveyancers and solicitors are.
- Know how technology has had an impact on the estate agency industry.
- Get an understanding on investment property, what it is, who the buyers are and managing investment property for the client.
- Identify what a letting agent is and whether this is the role for you. Learn about the Letting Agents Association, along with your relationship with the landlord and more.
- Know what property management is.
- Get a firm understanding of the law in the estate agency industry.
There are numerous benefits to completing the Estate Agency Diploma. Whether you want to work as an estate agent or letting agent or you are looking for a position within an estate agency, you can use the knowledge you learn on a daily basis.
- Study at your own pace and in your own time.
- There is no completion time limit, so you can take as long as you need to complete the course.
- Study online using any device connected to the internet.
- Enjoy online support throughout your study experience.
- Have access to your training modules for life.
- Fast track your career within the estate agency industry with the knowledge you gain from the course.
- Use what you learn in the course and implement it into your daily work.
- What is an Estate Agent?
- Requirements for the job
- History of the Estate Agent
- The Real Estate Industry
- Domestic estate agents
- Rental agents
- Property Negotiator
- Commercial Property agent
- What is involved in selling a property?
- Will the average person be able to maximise their house price?
- What advantages do estate agents have?
- What could go wrong with self-sales?
- Canvassing - finding clients
- Sellers and buyers
- What you need to find out
- Routine and self-discipline
- Time management
- Self-starter attitude
- Priorities and last-minute interruptions
- Why sellers and buyers should work through estate agents
- Why boards are important
- Definition of Valuation, Evaluation and Estimate
- Why evaluations are necessary
- Evaluations as a bargaining chip
- How to take the client along
- Setting up for a viewing
- When to arrive for a viewing
- Prepping the house, triple checking
- Working to a plan
- The negotiator's mindset
- Basic concepts of negotiation
- The power of silence
- Does honesty have a place in negotiation?
- Estate agents as buying agents
- Who pays and for what?
- Is this really necessary?
- How buying agents operate
- What is Progression?
- Drawing up the contract
- Surveyors, Solicitors and Conveyancers
- In the beginning
- Main areas where technology has impacted estate agents
- Old school advertising
- Photography and video
- What is investment property?
- Who buys investment property?
- Legal aspects of investment property
- Managing investment property
- What is a Letting Agent?
- Letting agents' Associations
- What Letting Agents do
- Landlord - Letting Agent relationship
- What is property management?
- The overlap with letting agents
- What property managers and property management companies do
- Are property managers, agents of the landlords?
- Where to find the laws relating to Estate Agents
- The spirit of the Estate Agents Act 1979
- The need for regulation
- Aggressive tactics and why they are banned
What our students have to say…
I learnt so much
Found this course online and I advise anyone who is looking to get into property to do the online estate agency diploma course! I learnt so much and happy to say I have officially passed! 10/10
Rachel Evans – London
The right move for my career path
The website is very functional on all types of technology. Allowing study on your mobile, tablet or computer. I am looking for a change in career and the course is giving me the knowledge and confidence I need.
The course also confirms to me that this is the right move for my career path that I would like to progress further in.
Faith Wall – High Wycombe
5 Star rating throughout the whole experience.
Amazing! New Skills Academy has helped me shape my life and improve my understanding of my chosen course, so simply and now I am that one step closer to achieving my goal. Such a simple yet professional system and easy to learn from.
Would and will recommend to friends and family. A great way to learn without the price tag of going to University and saves a lot of time. Super easy to set up. 5 Star rating throughout the whole experience.
Going to buy my sister the same course for a birthday gift, which is a great offer that they do.
Louis Rees – Swansea
This is a nice introduction to the profession of Estate Agency but also negotiation and building networks.
I’m a property investor and I have an interest in property generally. I wanted to do this course to broaden my knowledge of property but also make sure I understand my rights as a buyer of property. This is a nice introduction to the profession of Estate Agency but also negotiation and building networks. It includes material on both residential and commercial property, and also property maintenance. It touches upon the Estate Agents Act 1979 which is very important. My next step will be to review the act. It is a very broad course and is a good place to start.
Chris Pinnock – Grays
The course is user friendly and very straight forward
Amazing course, very easy to do within your own space of time. Very helpful, would highly recommend to anyone and everyone. This has helped me a lot to gain more knowledge and more experience in this field to help me later on in life.
The course is user friendly and very straight forward. Provides you with up to date information and real life situations if anything was to happen and makes you feel like you are already working in the field and have the experience you need.
The course also has an online tutor to help you at all times!
Rijul Mehan – Essex
I was not disappointed!
I started this course as it is a keen interest of mine; as someone who worked as an office manager and administrator for large Estate Agents in London, I wanted to tighten my skills. I was not disappointed!
There are a huge range of information; from dealing with aspects of marketing to legalities and a lot of reading. It was very easy to access and very thorough. I would recommend anyone looking to start in the industry, have an interest in property or simply want to brush up on knowledge and skills.
I was very pleased overall with the course, and will recommend New Skills Academy to my friends.
Kelly-Anne Tomlinson-Docherty, Mountain Ash, Wales
The course material is really helpful
Would recommend the course to anyone! Considering estate agency as a career gives a clear insight into the role and regulation and was easy to digest. I was able to easily fit this in with my busy work schedule. I was able to complete this course in less than a month which I originally expected to take a lot longer.
The course material is really helpful and the assignments help you to identify if you have a clear understanding of what you have read and usually don’t take too long to complete. I am now looking into doing a more advance course in estate agency and looking for a trainee position in my local area.
Samantha Giles – Bexhill
I’m already looking for the next course to start!
I have always had an interest in property and estate management. I was unsure how to get my career started in this field without any experience or qualifications in that area.
Also, having three children and a full time job limits my ability to attend to college courses. The online system they have at “New Skills Academy” is so straight forward and easy to use. I’m really enjoying learning and expanding my knowledge at my own pace and in my own time.
Getting started was so straightforward, I even read over material during swimming lessons and the school run. I’m already looking for the next course to start!
Kayley Jones – Ammanford
I feel so much more confident after doing the course
I found the course very useful and it was fairly easy to navigate around the website. The course material was good and easy to understand and I am glad that I passed my test.
I learned so much as I am currently doing my CEMAP Mortgage Adviser qualification and thought that doing an Estate Agency Diploma would help me know the basics about selling and letting properties.
I feel so much more confident after doing the course and encourage anyone who wants a career in Estate Agency to do this course as you will learn so much from it.
Thank you New Skills Academy!
Alym Nathoo – Oldbury
Overall, comprehensive and easy to follow.
Whilst doing an internship in an Estate Agency, I decided to study the Estate Agent Diploma to gain a better understanding of the regulations and the best ways to go about visits and building my network. I found the course to be very comprehensive and easy to follow.
I’d recommend this to anyone looking to broaden their knowledge of the field of Estate Agency. I found the time estimates to be right if you are simply reading, but I took several pages of notes and so took longer, as I wanted to really understand what I was reading.
Overall, comprehensive and easy to follow.
Lauren Newell – Manchester
I strongly recommend
The course was as easy to follow as it was informative. I learnt a lot from it and will most certainly use the content to help me in my new career. The course has highlighted areas of utmost importance (such as legal issues) and I am absolutely sure it will help deal confidently with difficult circumstances in the future.
References to sources of help are plentiful and I can see myself revisiting the Modules for advice frequently.
This has been a great investment and I strongly recommend anyone considering to purchase to proceed. I am now fully prepared to deal with all areas of being an Estate Agent in a competent and legal manner- time to get my Diploma framed!!
Stephen Hughes – Dungannon
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Estate Agency Diploma (Level 3) course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 16 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 16 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 16 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Estate Agency Diploma (Level 3) course?We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
Learn with confidence
Learning Professionals work in association with industry experts including: