- Course Code: UKVC18ESW
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £100.00
- Qualification: Eye Safety in the Workplace Certification
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Eye Safety in the Workplace Certificate
British laws require employers and companies to uphold safety regulations and safeguard their workers from injuries and accidents in the workplace. Eye accidents are very common in the workplace, but most can be prevented with the help of implementation of control measures, use of protective equipment and care. Most workers tend to be unaware of the risks associated with exposure to eye safety hazards and the adverse consequences that can arise. Eye injuries often result in permanent or temporary blindness with the loss of one or more eye functions.
The course on “Eye Safety in the Workplace” explains the following topics in detail:-
- The importance of maintenance of protective equipment and control measures in order to minimise or eliminate risks and hazards.
- How to protect workers from chemical splashes and what do in case of emergencies. You will also learn about how acidic and alkaline substances damage the eye in different ways.
- Exposure to radiation hazards from thermal, infrared, UV and bright light sources and how to protect workers from the risks.
- How staring at the computer for prolonged periods can lead to strain, headaches and blurred vision. You will also learn different techniques that help reduce eye strain.
- The types of protective eye equipment and their functions
The benefits of studying this course are described below:-
- You are in a better position to identify the different hazards that exist in your workplace.
- Employers can invest in the right safety equipment to safeguard their employees from injury.
- Businesses can upgrade prevention techniques, storage and maintenance of protective equipment for improved accident control.
- You can educate and update your employees on the risks and hazards associated with eye injuries.
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Eye Safety in Workplace Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Eye Safety in Workplace Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
Learn with confidence
Learning Professionals work in association with industry experts including: