- Course Code: UKVC19OCM
- Location: Online
- Duration: 0.50 hours
- Cost: £40.00
- Qualification: Organising and Chairing Meetings Certificate
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Organising and Chairing Meetings Certificate
Meetings are a key mode of communication in most organisations. They are used to share new ideas, pass on important news about the business, organise complex projects and more besides. Although the common stereotype of a meeting is that of a dull gathering in the office, they are extremely useful when overseen by a competent chairperson.
In this course, you will learn how to successfully arrange, oversee and chair meetings that enhance the performance of a business. You will learn how to keep the meeting on track and how to handle interpersonal tension or conflict.
You Will Learn:
- What constitutes a business meeting and why they are necessary
- The main types of meetings you might have to chair, including decision-making and consultation meetings
- The role of the chairperson in a meeting and how they can facilitate rather than dominate proceedings
- What makes a good meeting agenda and how they should be used during meetings
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you are responsible for chairing meetings as part of your job, you will benefit from the practical strategies in this course
- If you are responsible for taking minutes during meetings, this course will help you gain a broader appreciation of the context in which a meeting usually takes place
- This course will benefit anyone who needs to attend meetings but is unsure what to expect, as it provides an overview of how they are typically structured
- If you ever serve in a mediation role that requires diplomacy and tact, you will benefit from learning the communication skills outlined in this course
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Organising and Chairing Meetings Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Organising and Chairing Meetings Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.50 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
Learn with confidence
Learning Professionals work in association with industry experts including: