- Course Code: UKFPC16SGC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £100.00
- Qualification: Safeguarding Children Certificate
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Every child has the right to live a life free from abuse. Sadly, many children are mistreated, often by those closest to them. Child abuse, which takes several different forms, has long-lasting repercussions. For example, adults who have been abused as children are significantly more likely to develop mental health problems. They are also at increased risk of perpetrating abuse against others.
Fortunately, effective safeguarding can prevent child abuse. It also offers a framework that encourages prompt reporting, which can save a child from further suffering. This course outlines how safeguarding works to support children’s wellbeing, how to identify abuse and what to do if you suspect that a child is being mistreated.
You Will Learn
- What “safeguarding” means, why children are a vulnerable group and who has a responsibility to protect them from harm.
- The different forms child abuse can take, including emotional and sexual abuse.
- How you can identify the most common signs of child abuse.
- What you should do if you know or suspect that a child is being abused.
- Why the internet poses safety risks and how to safeguard children who use the internet.
Benefits Of Taking This Course
- If you are responsible for the care of children, whether in your personal or professional life, this course will help you keep them safe.
- If you are considering starting a career in a childcare or education-based field, this course will prepare you to understand and meet your safeguarding duties.
- You will be in a position to help victims of abuse, allowing you to make an enormous difference to their long-term health and wellbeing.
- Your new knowledge will enable you to navigate media discourse and debates around child protection and safeguarding.
- You will be in a position to teach others how to safeguard children.
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Safeguarding Children Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Safeguarding Children Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
Learn with confidence
Learning Professionals work in association with industry experts including: