- Course Code: UKVC19UBC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Cost: £100.00
- Qualification: Unconscious Bias Certificate
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Unconscious Bias Certificate
Unconscious bias is a problem across all industries, and its effects are also felt in higher education institutions. In summary, it refers to a tendency to favour or discriminate against a group of people, such as women, LGBT individuals or those with a different skin colour.
Given the significant consequences of unconscious bias, it is important to know how it manifests and how to overcome it. In this course, you will learn about the psychological processes underpinning unconscious bias and how we can make a conscious decision to think differently about others.
You Will Learn:
- What unconscious bias is, and why we tend to be biased against or in favour of specific groups
- Why unconscious bias leads to unfair treatment and discrimination in the workplace
- The test we can use to measure unconscious bias and the limitations of this test
- How to challenge unconscious bias and judge individuals on their merits, as opposed to unrelated personal characteristics
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- It will help you identify and tackle your own unconscious bias
- If you are responsible for equality and diversity training in your place of work, this course will guide you in tackling an important issue in this area
- If you have a general interest in psychology, this course will give you an overview of a key concept within the field of social psychology
- If you work with people from a range of groups, this course will help you spot unfair treatment and bias in the workplace
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Unconscious Bias Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Unconscious Bias Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
Learn with confidence
Learning Professionals work in association with industry experts including: